Well, today marks the beginning of my study abroad experience in Australia. Technically, i'll be starting in Fiji, but I'll get to that. I was dropped off at Midway airport in Chicago this afternoon by my mother, everything went smooth, and I boarded the plane to Los Angeles. Three things made this 3 and a half hour flight seem endless: the fact that I had to pee as soon as I got on the plane (even though I went practically 10 minutes prior) and convieniently I had the window seat, the last two people getting on the plane carrying a screaming infant with them decided to plop down directly behind me, and the fat guy in the middle seat next to me. Overall, I'd have to say the fat guy was the worst, he passed out with his arms crossed which continued to slide farther and farther apart over the duration of the flight, causing his left elbow to slowly invade my personal bubble. I'm not a touchy person, but he was practically massaging the middle of my chest with his arm. This made it difficult to be comfortable or productive while on the plane.
As soon as we arrived at LAX, everythings been pretty low key. We got in around 4:00 California time and my flight tonight doesn't leave until 11:30, so I've got a lot of time to kill (thus the start of this blog). So now I'm catching up on some computer stuff while waiting, got some food, and will likely grab a couple beers in a few minutes. Soon, I'll be hopping on the flight to Fiji, where I will spend 4 days on a pre-semester vacation arranged by the study abroad program I'm going through. I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but apparently we will be in a isolated resort run by a local village, which means I'll be sleeping in small huts with thatched roofs. This should be an interesting experience, I'll have to give more detail after the Fiji portion is over. Seeing how the internet in Fiji is likely to be non-existant, I'll continue from here after I arrive in Sydney!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment